Sunday, March 17, 2013

April 2013 - Long and Narrow Block: 6" x 55"


Let's make a Strata Quilt! Cut strips 1.25" wide from interesting fabrics in your stash. Sew the ends together  so you have 55" lengths. Then sew these strips together. Make a block about 6" x 55."

Enter your name in the drawing once for each block entered.

Helpful tip: After sewing a long seam, press before opening. This "sets the seam" and makes it easy to keep the seam straight when you press it open. Otherwise it can get a little curvy. 

This quilt was made by readers of the Selvage Blog from all over the world. I finished the quilt, and it now resides in Florida in the home of the drawing winner: the Quilting Violinist.

Remember to bring your Bow Tie blocks from February too!





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your interesting Block-Of-The-Month instructions! I'm too far away to join you in person, but I'm with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. 3 4 size mattress

    ReplyDelete